This is an ancient farm on the estuary, a short journey down the track from the coastal path. The name comes from a Welsh word - prysg or the Anglicised brix - a thicket. And tarw a corruption of derw which means oak. The farm is known for its oak woods. In 1889 the farm belonged to John Richards of Mapsland. In the 1911 census, a farmer named George Adams lived here. He was 28 and lived with his wife, Margaret (28), and three sons, Walter, William and Thomas, aged 10, 5 and 2 respectively, and a 14-year old maid called Margaret Morris. When George died he left the house to his son known as Willie. When Margaret died in the house in 1955 the effects of her will were £350, which is around £4500 in today's money.
copyright © 2021 Laugharne Lines
all rights reserved